Attorney at law
145 Commons Loop, Suite 200
Kalispell, MT 59901
Professional Liability Defense
General Civil Litigation/Insurance Defense
Wayne was born and raised in Rapid City, South Dakota. He attended law school at the University of North Dakota, where he graduated with distinction in 2008. Before joining Moore, Cockrell, Goicoechea & Johnson in 2018, Wayne spent most of his career as a prosecutor in Rapid City, working as a Deputy State’s Attorney and Assistant United States Attorney. As a prosecutor, Wayne tried many cases to a jury and gained valuable litigation experience in both state and federal court. Wayne has served as lead counsel in a homicide trial and sole or lead counsel in a number of trials involving the prosecution of sexual assault and domestic violence offenses. Currently, Wayne uses his courtroom experience representing clients of Moore, Cockrell, Goicoechea & Johnson in a wide variety of litigation. Wayne and his wife, Melanie, are grateful to raise their two young children in such a beautiful place and try to spend as much time as possible exploring the outdoors together.
• 2005 B.A., Criminal Justice and English, University of South Dakota, magna cum laude
• 2008 J.D., University of North Dakota School of Law, with distinction
Professional Activities & Honors
• 2016 Victim’s Champion Award (co-recipient)
• 2008 – State Bar of South Dakota
• 2012 – U.S. District Court, District of South Dakota
• 2012 – U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
• 2018 – State Bar of Montana
• 2018 – U.S. District Court, District of Montana
Hiking, running, biking, reading, and spending time with family.