Attorney at law
145 Commons Loop, Suite 200
Kalispell, MT 59901
Sean was raised in Stevensville, Montana. He attended the University of Montana where he played football for the Grizzlies from 1992 – 1996. Sean remained at U of M for law school and received his law degree in 2000. During law school Sean interned for United States District Judge Donald W. Molloy, was an editor of the Montana Law Review, and was a member of the Law School trial team. Sean also prosecuted misdemeanors and some felonies as a clinical intern at the Missoula County Attorney’s Office in 1999 and 2000. Following law school, Sean and his wife Amy moved to the Kalispell to join what was then Christensen, Moore, Cockrell, Cummings & Axelberg, P.C. Sean and Amy have three children – Kash, Ella and Karson.
Areas of Practice
Since 2000 Sean has handled a wide variety of civil litigation. Currently his practice involves primarily the defense of medical malpractice cases throughout Montana. Sean also handles cases involving professional liability, commercial liability, personal injury and products liability. Sean has tried cases involving medical malpractice, personal injury, ski area liability, governmental liability/§1983, and punitive damages.
- 1996 B.A. Sociology, Math Minor – University of Montana
- 2000 J.D. – University of Montana
Professional Activities & Honors
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL)
- Fellow, International Society of Barristers (ISOB)
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- 9th Circuit Lawyer Representative for the United States District Court for the District of Montana, 2018-2021.
- AV Preeminent rating in Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Recognized in Chambers/Partners (Band 1) and Benchmark Litigation
- Mountain States Super Lawyers – Medical Malpractice Defense
- Appointed attorney representative United States District Court for the District of Montana Attorney Admissions Fund Advisory Committee 2008-2012
- University of Montana School of Law Advanced Trial Advocacy Faculty Member 2009-present.
- Former member of the United States District Court for the District of Montana Local Rules Advisory Committee
- Member Montana Supreme Court Uniform District Court Rules Commission
- Board Member Flathead Valley Little Guy Football
- Former Montana Justice Foundation Fundraising Committee Member
- 2000 – State Bar of Montana
- 2000 – U.S. District Court, District of Montana
- 2005 – United States Supreme Court
Sean enjoys all aspects of the Montana outdoors, including a passion for archery hunting.